When you hear the name Telenet Business, you know a lot of professionals are relying on them. So their services need to be top notch, with a minimum of failures. That’s where you come in.
As a Field Engineer at Telenet, you are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Telenet’s backbone and core network at IP, transmission and Digital TV level.
• You take care of new hardware & software implementations on the Telenet core network at various locations. Your goal is to bring new services and equipment into service in a timely manner.
• You’re in charge of inventory and proactive & reactive maintenance of all core network elements (coax, IP, Tx as well as optical, cwdm and dwdm) at the various locations. Your goal is to minimise any failures.
• You work in close collaboration with colleagues inside and outside the department to increase efficiency and improve operations.
• There’s a project management component to this role (planning the various steps and working independently to deliver within agreed deadlines, communicate about your progress to other stakeholders in the project, taking full end-to-end responsibility of your tasks within the project, ...)
• You take part in a rotation schedule for 24/7 support and supervision over planned works