Umicore, a global materials and technology group focused on reducing harmful emissions, is currently looking for a Data Science Engineer for the Purchasing & Transportation (P&T) business unit.
P&T has recently deployed a cloud data platform to derive value from raw data and support all of P&T in their day-to-day operational and decision making processes. As Data Science Engineer, you will be responsible for the entire data platform, starting from Databricks PySpark code to ingest raw data into the delta lake, until the visualisation of the actionable information contained in this data.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Team up with business analyst to design and implement ETL packages and dimensional models for self-service BI solutions
• Implement those ETL packages in PySpark on Databricks
• Extend existing data models according to new requirements
• Act as primary contact for Corporate IT and Umicore Centres of Expertise during all system implementations
• Adopt new techniques and technologies in the fast evolving data landscape (lifelong learning)
In this role, you will bring the different P&T departments to the next level in terms of digitalisation and standardisation, helping Umicore to become a truly data-driven organisation. A next challenge on your growth path could be involvement in the development of AI applications, to further support the P&T vision of advanced data-driven decision making.